It is increasingly recognized that the development of Africa requires the qualification of its human resources. It is in this sense that vocational training seems particularly important in an environment marked by globalization and competition. The IST, which is a technical and vocational higher education establishment created in the form of a Private Law LLC by five partners (three engineers and two managers), approved by the State of Burkina Faso, is part of this perspective. .
IST mission is to offer students, students and workers top-level courses during the day and in the evening classes. Opened in October 2000 with 64 students and two tracks of BTS (Electronics and Maintenance Computer and Finance Accounting), the IST counts for the year 2011-2012 more than 500 students. The Institute has developed and implemented new training courses. Thanks to international collaborations, notably with the Cégep Régional de Lanaudière and the International Center for Applied Higher Studies of Canada, several curricula in various fields of computer science, biomedical maintenance and agribusiness have been developed. Organization chart and staff.
Board of Directors
The IST eCampus Board is diverse. Composed of students, faculty, administrators and members of the public, the Board collaborates to establish The IST eCampus as a leader in online and technology-enabled learning.
- Administrative coordinator of the campus and manager of the video conference sessions
- Campus technical coordinator
- Administrative assistant to the technical coordinator of the campus
- Data manager and platform
- Invoicing Clerk officer
- Examination officer
- IT technicians
- Financial manager
- Student workshop and practices officer
- External reviewer officer
- External examination assistant
- Research and publication assistant
- Public relations officer
- Website content charge officer